broken black walnut
1 (10 inch)
unbaked deep dish pie shells
- Beat eggs in a bowl, set aside.
- In saucepan, add sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Mix to blend.
- Then add water and molasses. Use a spatula to get all of the molasses.
- Cook and stir until simmering. Take off burner. Add 2 tblsp molasses mixture to beaten eggs, stir.
- Then add beaten egg mixture into the saucepan.
- Add vanilla and nutmeg. Stir and set aside.
- Preheat oven 350* Place dry beans in the pie shell after it is in the pie pan so it will not puff up.Bake the pie shell for about 6 minutes. Take the beans out.
- Pour in the custard sauce and top with the nuts. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes until a knife is inserted near the middle of the pie comes out clean.
- Chill before serving.
- Chill mixing bowl and slowly add sugar to whipping cream and beat with mixer until peaks form.
- Serve pie with whipped cream.
- Serves 8.