1 (8 ounce) containers
select raw oysters
finely crushed Chicken In A Biscuit crackers, more if needed
seafood cocktail sauce
- Pour oysters into a colander, rinse gently with cold water, drain.
- Carefully pat oysters dry on paper towel a few at a time.
- Dip oysters into beaten egg, let excess drip off, then into cracker crumbs, set on plate. Repeat til all are coated.
- Place in fridge, or cook now.
- Put oils and butter in pan and heat to med-high heat.
- Carefully place oysters into hot oil.
- Cook til golden brown on both sides turning only once as breading and oysters are delicate. About 3-4 minutes TOTAL if using medium-sized oysters. Watch them carefully!
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with your favorite sauce such as cocktail, tartar or Ranch dressing.
- Serves about 2.