thick-cut boneless pork chops
canola oil, divided, more as needed
onion, thinly sliced
cider vinegar, divided
Dijon mustard, divided
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 t. salt and 1/8 t. pepper. Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 1 T oil, heat until hot.
- Add pork, cook 10-12 minutes or until slightly pink in center, turning once. Place on platter, cover loosely with foil.
- Add onions to same skillet, adding additional oil if skillet is dry. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in 5 T of vinegar, 2 T mustard, 1/2 t. salt, and 1/8 t. pepper. Simmer 30-60 seconds, or until vinegar evaporates.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly. Whisk in 3 T oil, water, 2 T mustard (less if preferred), and 2 T vinegar. Serve sauce over pork.