thick slab bacon
( 1 slab)
4 pork chops or 4 ham slices or 14.79 ml
sysco ham soup base, with 4 cups cold water
strong black coffee
- Old Style:.
- Chop all the bacon and throw into large cast iron dutch oven.
- Throw in the flour. Mix with the grease and bacon.
- Add the coffee, stir and cook. Add more coffee if you have.
- Crush the peppers and add to the gravy.
- Serve with flat biscuits or griddle cakes.
- New Style:.
- Cook pork chops or ham slices remove from pan. (Alternate)Add ham base and cold water and stir without the pork.
- Add coffee to either the meat dripping and grease or the ham base with water.
- Wisk in the flour and add black pepper. Serve over mashed potatoes, grits, rice,.
- cornbread or biscuits. A simple no nonsense.
- recipe for down home folks.
- Servings given for New Style.