2 chuck steaks or 2
white onions, course chopped pieces
green pepper, course chopped pieces
regular barbecue sauce
4 whole wheat buns or 4 roll or 4
- Note: If you can't eat sugar, use 1 can 8oz tomato sauce and sugar free apricot preserves and 1 tsp vinegar or can diced tomatoes, blended with 2oz splenda and 1 tsp vinegar.
- 1 green bell pepper, course chopped.
- Partially freeze the steaks.
- Then cut paper thin strips across the grain.
- In skillet, add olive oil,steak strips, salt,onions and green peppers.
- Saute until steak is slightly browned and onions translucent and peppers slightly tender.Add barbecue sauce and apricot preserves or the substitute recipe for barbecue sauce.
- Stir until mixed.
- Pile on buns, rolls or tortillas.
- You may cool and pack in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze. Just warm up in microwave to serve.
- Prep time includes time in freezer for meat.