new potato, halved
( or quartered depending on size)
kosher salt, divided
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 lbs
boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil. Season with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper, and toss.
- Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan once.
- Add the asparagus to the pan with the potatoes, season with the remaining salt, and toss.
- Roast until the asparagus is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the broth and vinegar to a boil.
- Add the chicken and, if necessary, enough water (up to 1/2 cup) to cover it. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Cover, remove from heat, and set aside until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Return the liquid to medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Thickly slice the chicken.
- Divide the ingredients among individual plates. Drizzle with the balsamic mixture.