fresh green beans, trimmed, break in half
fresh yellow wax bean, trimmed, break in half
sun-dried tomato, drained, chopped
red onion, sliced into crescents
fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
( NOT dried)
extra virgin olive oil
red wine vinegar
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- SALAD: Cook the green and yellow beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cool water and drain again.
- In a serving bowl combine the cooked beans with the sun dried tomatoes, red onion and fresh basil.
- VINAIGRETTE: In a small glass container whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar and black pepper.
- Add the vinaigrette to the beans and toss to coat. Chill 1-4 hours.