1 1/4 cups
super moist French vanilla cake mix
dark chocolate cake mix
andes chocolate-covered mint candies
fresh strawberries, washed and thinly sliced
finely chopped almonds
- Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Add water and continue to beat on high speed until the batter rises, is light and fluffy.
- Fold in the chocolate cake mix and mix well to combine.
- Add oil alternating with the French vanilla cake mix and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the strawberries, mint chocolates and nuts if in a mood for them.
- Mix well and allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a greased cake tin until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- I baked mine in an AMC Dutch oven and it took me 40 minutes in that.
- Since I had some more batter, I made muffins out of it and they also went equally well.
- For the muffins, I baked them in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from muffin bowls and cake tin once the cake/muffins are ready.
- Invert onto a cooling rack or cake tray.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.