whole wheat pasta
yellow onion, sliced
mushrooms, cleaned and cut into pieces
garlic cloves, minced
salt & freshly ground black pepper
shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon - when it starts rendering fat, add the onion, and fry gently.
- Add the mushrooms, minced garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepperto taste.
- Add the cream, bring to just a boil and let simmer until the pasta is done.
- Drain the pasta, (reserving some of the water) and pour the sauce over the pasta and toss together.
- Add a little bit of water if you need to loosen it up.
- Add the parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy.