( 2 to 3 packages)
grated lemon, rind of
1 1/4 cups
whipping cream, whipped
( or non-dairy dessert topping, whipped)
- Line bottom and sides of buttered 9" (22.5 cm) springform pan with ladyfingers.
- In top of double boiler, place 5 yolks and 2 whites. Beat together until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, rind and sugar, and beat lightly.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Fold in cream, which has been whipped.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Freeze at least 5 hours.
- Beat remaining 3 whites with 4 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Spread on cake.
- Place under broiler briefly until lightly browned.
- Return to freezer.
- Remove one hour before serving.