fresh lime juice
short rib of beef, bones removed, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
( apprx 1 1/2 lbs meat after bone removal)
yellow curry paste
jalapeno peppers, finely diced, seeded and membranes removed
3 cups sweet potatoes or 3 cups
yams, 1/4-inch bite size slices, steamed until just tender
garlic cloves, minced
1 (19 ounce) cans
1 1/2 cups
long grain rice
2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons
fresh papaya, cut in 1/2-inch dice
fresh mango, cut into 1/2-inch dice
fine shredded dried coconut
- Rub the lime juice into the beef cubes.
- Place the limed beef and curry paste in a large bowl or zip lock bag, mix well to coat the beef with the curry and let it rest 1 hour or longer.
- Mix the mango & Papaya together, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet medium heat, brown the curried beef . stir as you are browning the beef, Be careful not to burn.
- Add onions, cook until the onions are translucent and starting to brown, add garlic and Jalapenos.
- Continue to cook 5 minutes, stir at least once.
- Pour in the tomatoes, cover with a lid and simmer 45 minutes.
- Just a few minutes before serving add the cooked sweet potatoes, mix well, heat through.
- Meanwhile cook your rice using your favorite method stir in the sugar or sugar substitute while cooking, mix well ( If you are boiling the rice in water add sugar to the water while cooking).
- Serve the curried beef over the rice topped with the Papaya/Mango mixture.
- Sprinkle Coconut on top if you wish