garlic cloves, minced
fresh ground black pepper
( or sweet onion)
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 1/2 teaspoons
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 1/2 teaspoons
chopped fresh parsley
chopped fresh chives
1 (12 ounce) bottles
northwest amber ale
- In a large non-reactive pot with lid, melt butter.
- Add garlic, pepper, shallots, tarragon, thyme, parsley, chives and beer.
- Heat just to a simmer and stir in mussels or clams.
- Cover and steam 4-7 minutes till shells have opened.
- Discard any that have not opened.
- Put clams in individual bowls and ladle broth over.
- Serve with crusty bread for sopping.