lemon, juice of
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder; stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture alternately with vanilla and sour cream. Do not over beat.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Do not open oven door during baking time.
- Test the cake for doneness. It should be lightly browned, and a cake tester inserted in centre should come out clean. If cake isn't done, bake for another 15 minutes. Test again.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients and paint on cake with a pastry brush. (As I tend to make more glaze than called for I simply spoon it on the cake and let in drizzle down the top).