4 -6 ounces
grated cheddar cheese
( ex. Colmans powder)
- Melt the butter over a medium heat.
- Slowly add the flour and beat till smooth.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add the milk, making sure to mix well. You want to avoid lumps. If you get some, fishing them out on the spoon and squishing them with the fork to break them up can help.
- Bring to a boil and cook gently for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the cheese and mustard if you have it (I'd not worry if you don't I doubt it's enough to fuss over.) The more cheese the better in my book, but for a thinner sauce you might want just the 4 oz.
- Serve immediately, or pour into Tupperware and put in the fridge. The sauce will firm up,but just cut off as much as you want and warm in either the microwave or a pan. You can add more milk to thin if needed.