tiger shrimp, devined
minced fresh garlic
French bread, 2 inchs thick
- Make a small slit down the curve and pull the vein out, split the shrimp leaving the tail on. Devine all shrimp.
- In shallow flat pan, add lemon juice and place shrimp in pan like a butterfly. Flatten with a plate on top and weight it down.I refrigerate for 1 hour. It might not take that long but I like the lemon flavor.
- In a saute pan add olive oil, pepper, salt.
- Bring the heat up and put in the flattened shrimp. Shake and turn until the shrimp start to turn pink.
- Add the wine and shake and turn.
- Take off the heat. Set aside.Leave in pan.
- Mix butter and garlic in dish.
- Spread on slices of French Bread.
- Turn oven to 400º.
- Place bread on a flat pan, toast until just barely toasted. Take out.
- Place a tiger shrimp on each slice with a slice of mozzarella cheese on top.If you want to use a toothpick to hold the shrimp flat in the middle you may.
- Broil until cheese is melted around shrimp like a fluffy pillow.
- I lower my rack to about 6 inches below the broiler.