( use water if you want to cut down the dairy and/or the calories)
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 2 ounces
semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa, then whisk in milk, then chopped chocolate.
- Turn heat to medium and cook, whisking constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in remaining ingredients until sauce is smooth.
- Serve either chilled or warmed, over vanilla ice cream.
- Store in the fridge, but this sauce will keep well in the freezer if your batch won't be gone within a week or two.