unsalted butter, room temperature
dark brown sugar
semi-sweet chocolate chips
( sliced into 12 slices)
- Mix butter and brown sugar in small bowl to blend.
- Spread over 1 side of all four bread slices.
- Place 2 slices, buttered side down, on plate.
- Skewer 4 marshmallows each on two metal skewers.
- Hold skewers over open flame and toast until marshmallows are blackened in spots, about 10 seconds.
- Divide marshmallows between bread slices on plate, leaving 1 inch border.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over marshmallows, dividing equally.
- Top with banana slices.
- Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up, pressing slightly.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sandwiches; cook until brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer sandwiches to work surface.
- Cool 1 minute.
- Cut diagonally in half and serve.