1 1/2 cups
unprocessed oat bran
firmly packed brown sugar
pumpkin pie spice
mashed pumpkin, , cooked
egg whites, lightly beaten
vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine pumpkin and next three ingredients; stir well.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling ¾ full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately; serve warm or at room temperature.
- Banana Oat Bran Muffins: Substitute ¾ cup mashed ripe banana for pumpkin.
- Apple-Oat Bran Muffins: Substitute 1/2 cup minced apple for pumpkin.
- Substitute apple pie spice for pumpkin pie spice.
- Add 1 Tsp ground cinnamon to dry ingredients.