1 (8 ounce) containers
( about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons
salt & freshly ground black pepper
self-rising cornmeal, mix
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
- In small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Slice tomatoes about 3/8-inch thick. Sprinkle lightly with salt. In shallow dish, beat egg white with fork. Place corn meal mix on plate or in shallow dish.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Dip tomatoes in egg mixture, then in corn meal mix to coat. Add tomato slices to skillet in single layer.
- Cook over medium-high heat until golden brown; turn and cook until browned on other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, adding butter as needed.
- Serve warm with Horseradish Sauce.