small chunks white onions, not diced but about 1 inch pieces
fresh garlic cloves, peeled, separated and smashed
garlic wine vinegar
4.92 ml salt or 4.92 ml
- Put the onions and water in medium saucepan.
- and simmer about 8 minutes.Take off burner.
- Put garlic,cilantro,olive oil, basil,vinegar,and salt in blender and pulse until blended.
- Put blended ingredients into saucepan with the cooked onions , stir and simmer about 10 minutes more , stir constantly. Do not burn. Cool and refrigerate. I refrigerate 24 hours, the flavors seem to intensify.
- Note: I make enough to hot pack in 1/2 pint jars.Make sure the paste is very hot and make sure your jars are hot as well as the seals. Then I can use any time.