1 (1/4 ounce) envelope
plain knox unflavored gelatin
( divided use)
fresh lemon juice
creme de menthe
( green, not clear)
- Soften gelatin by sprinkling over 1/4 cup cold water. Let stand 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved,.
- Add sugar, salt, lemon juice, Crème de Menthe and stir well.
- Cool in refrigerator until syrupy.
- Beat the cream and fold into the syrupy mixture.
- (Save a small amount of cream for top decoration.).
- Turn into a soufflé dish or a pretty clear glass bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish the top with fresh strawberries, raspberries, mint leaves or shaved chocolate and the reserved whipped cream.