prepared white bread dough
1 (10 ounce) packages
frozen chopped spinach
( thawed and completely hand-squeezed dry)
feta cheese, crumbled
monterey jack cheese, lightly packed
green onions, finely chopped
( if you are a dill lover then use 1/2 teaspoon more)
( do not use fresh garlic for this as it will be too overpowering!)
- Spray 15 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out prepared dough on a very lightly floured surface into a 15x9-inch rectangle (if the dough is difficult to handle, cover with a clean towel and let rest for 5-8 minutes).
- Position your dough so the long edge runs parallel to the edge of your work surface.
- In a bowl combine the spinach, both cheeses, green onions, dill weed, garlic powder and black pepper; combine well.
- Sprinkle the spinach mixture evenly over the dough to within 1-inch of the long edges.
- Starting at the long edge roll up tightly.
- Pinch the long seam closed with fingers.
- Using a serrated knife cut the rolls into 1-inch slices.
- Place each roll into a muffin cup.
- Cover with a clean tea towel, and let rise in a warm place for about 30-35 minutes, or until the rolls are slightly puffy.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.