2 3/4 cups
( for "working" the dough)
( for pizza, oregano, parsley, etc.)
chopped sun-dried tomato
- Dissolve the yeast in the water until foamy (about 10 minutes).
- Place in mixer bowl and add salt, herbs, dried tomatoes and flour.
- Knead on low (speed 2 on Kitchen Aid) until ball forms and climbs up dough hook (takes about 5 minutes).
- Place in bowl that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Cover and set in a warm place to rise (1-2 hours).
- Makes a crust for a large (12" or more) pizza.
- You can probably knead this by hand for 10 minutes and get the same results.
- I topped the pizza with onions I dredged in flour and lightly sauteed in some cooking spray and some cooked, sliced potato.
- Baked on a perforated pizza pan for 20 minutes at 425F.