1 cup butter or 1 cup
2 1/2 teaspoons
1 (16 ounce) jars
maraschino cherries, drained well, reserving juice
Pink Cherry Frosting
1 1/2 tablespoons
reserved cherry juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add egg yolks and blend well.
- Add flour, salt, and allmond extract, mixing well.
- Flatten pieces of dough in your cupped hand with your fingertips. Insert a well-drained cherry (no stem) and mold dough around it being sure to completely cover the cherry. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool and frost tops with Pink Cherry Frosting.
- To make frosting: Mix powdered sugar and butter with enough of the reserved cherry juice to make a spreading consistency. . Sprinkle each cookie with chopped wallnuts.