zucchini, washed, sliced paper thin
( or comparable squash such as crookneck or pattypan)
lemon, juice of, more to taste
garlic cloves, crushed and cut in half
extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
29.58-44.37 ml fresh basil or 29.58-44.37 ml
fresh parsley, chopped
- Note: It is your choice to peel or not peel the zuchhini.
- Toss the thinly sliced zucchini with the lemon juice, garlic halves, olive oil; salt and pepper to taste. (If I think about it, sometimes I add a bit of finely grated lemon zest, too.) Remember to use a non-reactive bowl for marinating.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate 4-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Once you are ready to serve the salad, remove the garlic cloves. Save one garlic clove, finely minced and toss back into the salad along with the fresh herb of choice. *Important*: stir in the fresh herbs with the zucchini mixture [just] before serving.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Best eaten within 24 hours.