( Egg Beaters preferred)
1% low-fat milk
low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
( low-sodium, if available)
( I like oat bran and flax seed lavash bread)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over med-high heat.
- Combine the eggs, egg substitute, milk, salt (optional) and pepper, beating well.
- Pour into the skillet and cook the mixture, without stirring, until the bottom and edges begin to set (about 1 min).
- Then continue to cook the mixture, now stirring continually, until just slightly set (an additional 2 min).
- Add in the cheddar cheese and stir; remove from the heat.
- While the egg mixture is cooking, you can also heat the salsa over low heat, until warmed.
- Wrap the tortillas (or lavash bread) in a clean kitchen towel and zap in the microwave on high for 1 min (to warm).
- Divide the now cooked egg mixture evenly amongst the tortillas, spreading the mixture down the center of each one.
- Top each of the portions with 2 tbsp of the warmed salsa.
- Now to close your wrap: fold over one side of the wrap over the filling, then fold up the bottom, then roll the rest of the wrap up securely.
- Serve immediately.