1 1/4 cups
active dry yeast
sourdough starter, room temp
3 -3 1/2 cups
- Sprinkle yeast into warm water and sugar.
- Stir and let stand until it because foamy.
- Mix in Oil, sourdough starter,salt and one half of the flour.
- Gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make a dough.
- Turn dough onto smooth, lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Put in lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat all sides, cover with a cloth and let rise until doubled. This will take about an hour.
- Punch down and shape into two pizza crusts.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle pizza pan or baking stone with Corn meal before placing the crust on it.
- Prebake crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove from Oven.
- Brush crusts with olive oil and spread with tomato sauce, then top with toppings of your choice.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 425 degrees. Might take longer depending how thick your toppings are.
- Prep time includes rising time.
- 8-10 servings per pizza crust depending on size of slices.