light soy sauce
1 1/4 teaspoons
flank steak, cut in thin strips
assorted fresh vegetables, cut up
water, to thin sauce if neccesary
hot cooked rice
- Mix soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar and seasonings. Add the beef; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Stir fry the meat in hot oil in wok until browned.
- Remove, cover and keep warm.
- Add the vegetables. Stir until tender crisp.
- In a small bowl mix together the beef broth and cornstarch, add to the wok. Bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute.
- Return the meat to the wok, stir to coat.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.