chorizo sausage, crumbled
red bell pepper, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
1 (15 ounce) cans
black beans, rinsed & drained
salt, to taste
crushed red pepper flakes
cooked white rice
fresh mango, chopped
- Cook chorizo, red bell pepper and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, till sausage is browned.
- Add next 5 ingredients; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- To serve, spoon bean mixture over rice in serving bowls, then top with fresh mango.
- If desired, garnish with fresh oregano.
- *If chorizo is unavailable, use any other spicy sausage.