peeled and chopped fresh ginger
chicken wings, thoroughly cleaned
- Combine one set of the scallions, soy sauce, hoisin, sesame oil, honey, ginger, vinegar, mustard, cayenne pepper and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add the wings, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day (24 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and throw away the marinade.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn, baste, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 450 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes, or until crispy and browned.
- Remake the marinade and pour it into a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour into a serving bowl and use as a dipping sauce.