active dry yeast
roll parchment paper
- Dry mix the flour, yeast, and salt. Add about half of the olive oil, and mix again.
- Coat a large bowl with the remaining olive oil.
- Slowly add the hot water to the flour mixture, kneading by hand or using a bread machine, or better yet with kneading attachments on a large fixed-mount mixer.
- When thoroughly blended, place the dough in the oil-coated bowl, roll it to coat the entire ball, and cover with plastic wrap. Allow it to double in size. This can be anywhere from one to two hours.
- Remove the dough, flatten it slightly and double it over several times, and put it back in the oil-coated bowl. Allow it to sit for another 15 to 30 minutes.
- During the last sitting, preheat the oven to its highest setting (mine was 525). You can also cook it on a pre-heated grill. I recommend using a pizza stone, and pre-heating it in the oven/grill.
- Using your fingertips, begin spreading the dough on a section of the parchment paper appropriately sized for your pizza. Avoid rolling it in order to preserve the natural bubbling inside the dough. Spread it thinly in the middle and allow the large crust section on the perifery to contain your sauces and toppings. Add sauce, toppings, and cheese.
- Transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone (keeping it on top of the parchment paper) and cook to desired result.