1 (29 ounce) cans
1 1/4 cups
firmly packed light brown sugar
lemon, juice of
pumpkin pie spice
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker; stir using a spatula until well mixed (don't worry if there are some lumps in the sugar; they will melt into the butter during cooking).
- Use the spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and let cook on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour to reach desired thickness.
- Turn off the cooker and let the mixture cool to room temperature in the slow cooker.
- Scrape with a rubber spatula into clean glass jars (may use spring-top jars or screw top jars with new lids).
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
- Or transfer to small plastic containers and freeze up to 3 months.