unsalted butter, Softened
orange zest, Finely Chopped
fresh sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter two baking sheets, or place silicon baking sheets on them.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, add the butter until blended.
- Whisk together the eggs, zest and vanilla, and add this to the flour mixture, and continue beating on low until you have a smooth dough.
- Pinch off a small piece of dough about the size of a small golf ball and roll it into a log about 2 inches long.
- Roll the log into the sesame seeds, pressing them so seeds stay on.
- Place the cookie on the prepared baking sheets keeping the cookies two inches apart.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool, and store in airtight containers. (or cookies freezer very well!).