1 (11 ounce) cans
white shoepeg corn, drained
1 (15 ounce) cans
black-eyed peas, drained
fresh cilantro, chopped
green onion, chopped
( minced, chopped, whatever)
garlic red wine vinegar
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix all veggies together in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and mix together well.
- If you can wait, give the mixture an hour or so for the flavors to really come out. The longer it sits, the better it tastes. But it's delicious to eat straight away too.
- Note: I rarely use the exact ingredient amounts. It's good to substitute black or red beans for the pinto beans or to use regular corn for shoepeg. I've used red wine vinegar in place of garlic red wine vinegar as well. You can even add hot sauce if you like spicy. I always double the recipe (but not necessarily the dressing) and eat on it for days. It's good in burritos, pitas, or on top salads, anything really. It's a very flexible recipe.