plain croissants, day-old, cut in half horizontally
semi-sweet chocolate chips
banana, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- Preheat an electric panini maker to medium.
- Lay the bottom half of each croissant, cut side up, on a clean work surface.
- Sprinkle with about two-thirds of the chocolate, dividing equally.
- Arrange the banana slices on top, then sprinkle with the remaining chocolate.
- Place the top half of each croissant, cut side down, on top.
- Place the sandwiches on the preheated panini maker and close the lid. Cook until the chocolate is melted and the tops are golden, 5 to 7 minutes.