1 (1/4 ounce) package
active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups
( 110-115 degrees)
1 1/4 cups
whole wheat flour
1 3/4-2 cups
1 (15 ounce) cans
sliced ripe olives
bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
Canadian bacon, chopped
mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in water and add oil.
- Combine whole wheat flour, sugar, and salt; add to yeast mixture and stir until smooth.
- Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down.
- Pat dough into bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a greased 14-inch pizza pan.
- Combine pizza sauce and sugar; spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms, onion, and olives.
- Layer with sausage, Canadian bacon, and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.