1 1/2 lbs
grated parmesan cheese
( can use less)
3 -4 tablespoons
fresh parsley, finely chopped
( or use 2 teaspoons dried parsley)
crushed corn flake crumbs
( more if needed)
minced fresh garlic
( can use more)
( or use cayenne pepper for heat)
favorite marinara sauce
( see recipe#136292)
parmesan cheese (optional) or
mozzarella cheese, shredded
( purchase Italian or French rolls, sliced in half lengthwise)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine the first 9 ingredients (up to the marinara sauce) mix well with clean hands to combine, if the mixture is too soft then add in a bit more cornflake crumbs.
- Shape into 1-1/2-inch balls, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for about 20 minutes or until cooked and browned.
- Bring the marinara sauce to a simmer on top of the stove.
- Add in the cooked mini meatballs and simmer for about 20 minutes (you can refrigerate this and then use the following day, just rewarm over low heat before using).
- With your fingers press down the bottom part of each bun to create a depression in the middle.
- Spoon about 5-6 meatballs into the depression and then spoon the sauce over to coat.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Place the tops of buns over and enjoy!