( 7 ounces)
( 2 ounces)
melted unsalted butter
( 1 1/2 sticks, 6 ounces)
1 3/4 cups
( 7 1/2 ounces)
( 3 ounces( optional)
( 1 ounce)
( 4 ounces)
( 2 ounces( optional)
- Preheat oven to 325. Butter a 9" square pan.
- Beat the eggs until light and thick.
- Add the sugar and beat well. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and melted butter, beating to combine.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. If using, stir in the nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 36 minutes or until the center is no longer wobbly and the cake just begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- To make the glaze, stir together the confectioners' sugar and the lemon juice.
- Spread on cake. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if using. Cut into 16 squares.