salt, to taste
3 -4 tablespoons
wax potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
onion, coarsley chopped
chorizo sausage, sliced
green olives, for garnish
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork, adding a pinch of salt.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add the potato and fry for a couple of minutes. Add onion and chorizo.
- When potato starts to brown on the edges and is mashed with onion in a lumpy fashion, add eggs. Make sure potato and onions are fully submerged by eggs. Poke potatoes to allow egg to seep into mixture.
- Fry gently on low heat. Shake pan to loosen the tortilla from and tidy edges with a wooden spoon. Do not overcook. Center should remain gooey.
- Egg will start setting, as this happens place a plate over pan, a large enough plate to cover the pan substantially. Flip tortilla over plate and slide back into the pan to cook underside. Keep shaking pan lightly so tortilla does not stick.
- Once firm on the edges and soft in the middle (after about 1 minute) slide tortilla onto plate.
- Let the tortilla rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Dust with paprika. Cut into cake slices or cubes. Garnish with green olives.