extra virgin olive oil
sweet Italian sausage link
( out of the casing)
onion, finely chopped
1 fresh bay leaves or 1
fresh dried bay leaf
4 -6 sprigs
fresh sage, chiffonade
dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup
salt and pepper
1 lb penne (with ridges) or 1 lb
rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente
( with ridges)
grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet to MH heat.
- Add 1 T olive oil, then brown sausage.
- Transfer sausage to plate lined with paper towels to drain fat, set aside.
- Drain fat from skillet, return skillet to stove.
- Add 1 T olive oil, garlic and onion.
- Saute 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add Bay, sage, and wine to the pan, stir and incorperate sausage drippings from bottom of the pan.
- Reduce wine by half, then add stock and pumpkin, stir.
- When mixture comes to a bubble, add sausage to pan, reduce heat and add cream.
- Season with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Pour pasta into sauce and stir.
- Add cheese and sage to garnish.