( plus extra for rolling out)
( plus extra for greasing)
extra flour, for rolling out pastry dough
light brown sugar
2 fluid ounce
( about 2 lemons)
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C, 400 F, gas mark 6; lightly grease a 10 inch ovenproof pie plate.
- To make the pasty: sieve the flour and salt together in a bowl, then rub in the butter to a breadcrumb consistency; gradually add enough water to bind the ingredients.
- Divide the pastry into two and on a lightly floured pastry board roll out both halves to 1/8 inch thick circles to fit the pie plate; place one circle onto the greased pie plate, prick with a fork and bake blind for about 10 minutes; remove from oven and allow to cool while you make the filling.
- To make the filling: combine all filling ingredients and check for sweetness, adding extra sugar if desired; pour filling on top of the cooked pastry; then cover the entire plate with the second circle of pastry and press the edges together; trim the edges then prick the top with a fork and brush with beaten egg.
- Place the pie back in the oven for about 20 minutes or golden brown; when cooked sprinkle with sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.