onion, finely chopped
fresh minced garlic
chopped fresh parsley
butter, room temperature
( can use more or use about 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil)
fresh lemon juice
grated lemon zest
( you can add in a bit more if desired)
salt and black pepper
grated parmesan cheese
- Heat about 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large heavy pot.
- Add in the onion and garlic; saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in 4 quarts water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add in the rice; boil until the rice is JUST tender (about 15-16 minutes; drain and RESERVE 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- In a medium bowl mix together the chopped parsley, softened butter, basil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add the hot rice to the mixture; stir to melt butter.
- Add in reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid and grated parmesan cheese; stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired.