1 (170.09 g) box
chicken stuffing mix
boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1/2 inch thick
( total weight 1.5 pounds)
fresh mushrooms, sliced
( or canned)
1 (283.49 g) can
cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F (if you are not making these ahead).
- Prepare 6 separate sheets of heavy-duty foil with enough room to wrap and fold with sealed edges. Spray each foil piece in the middle with Pam spray.
- In a microwave, heat 1 1/2 cups of water. Mix in box of stuffing until moist. Divide the stuffing evenly over the 6 foil packets.
- Next, layer chicken, chopped ham, mushrooms and peas on top of stuffing.
- Mix soup with 1/4 cup of remaining water. Pour equall amounts over each pack.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal pack, leaving room for heat to circulate inside.
- Place foil packs on a 15 x 10 inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (if your chicken breasts are large or thick, you may wnat to extend the cooking time).
- Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Place packets directly on the dinner plate. Since they are HOT, cut slits into the foil to release the steam before opening.