1 -2 cup water or 1 -2 cup vegetable broth or 1 -2 cup
garlic cloves, chopped
carrot, cut into 1 inch chunks
butternut squash, cubed
( you can find squash already peeled and cubed in the frozen food section)
1 (15 ounce) cans
( or any other beans)
frozen corn kernels
( gives an earthy flavor)
dried chipotle chile
( or 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or to taste)
fresh parsley, chopped
( or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- In a large stew pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion and stir to coat with oil.
- Saute until golden, then add garlic, carrot, squash, beans, corn, sage, chipotle, and salt. Add broth a bit at a time until you are satisfied with the consistency.
- Simmer until squash is tender, then add chopped parsley and stir.
- Serve hot.
- I often sustitute a 10 oz. package of frozen pureed squash for the cubed squash for a smoother texture.