8 ounces hot Italian sausage or 8 ounces
mild Italian sausage, removed from casing and browned
mushroom, finely chopped
light cream cheese
- Break up the sausage as you cook it (5 minutes), drain off fat.
- Stir in chopped mushrooms.
- Saute about 5 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the cream cheese, let cool 15 minutes.
- Brush edges of wrapper with water (use a Q tip).
- Place a heaping tsp of meat mixture in the center.
- Bring the 4 corners up over the meat and seal.
- repeat with remaining wrappers (you can now freeze them for up to 3 weeks, place in single layer separated by waxed paper in an air tight container).
- Place dumplings in a steamer basket over gently boiling water cover and steam for 10 minutes fresh and 15 minutes if frozen.
- Serve warm with the worcestershire sauce as a dip.