1 -2 tablespoon
green bell pepper, chopped
yellow onion, chopped
1 (15 ounce) cans corn beef hash or 1 (15 ounce) cans
roast beef hash
1 1/2 cups
low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/3 cups
instant mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter (or margarine) in a skillet --.
- Add green pepper and onion and saute until tender. Turn off the burner --.
- Crumble the corned beef hash into the same skillet (with a fork) and stir until the onion, pepper and hash are well blended --.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and then spoon into an 8" oven proof casserole dish --.
- Prepare the instant mashed potatoes per pkg. directions and swirl atop the hash mixture --.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup cheddar cheese over all and bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 30 minute.
- Variations: use a different cheese such as monterey jack; use real mashed potato instead of the instant (as long as you don't mind the added prep time).