( divided in half)
brown sugar, packed
( I use canned)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and ginger.
- in the same bowl add pumpkin, milk, eggs and shortening. Mix until blended add the other cup of flour and mix until blended.
- If you are using walnuts fold them in now.
- Put the bread mis in a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for an hour or until a fork inserted into the middle comes out clean.