fresh ground pepper
boneless pork chops, 1 1/4 inches thick
extra virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, minced
lime, juice and zest of, finely grated
finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl, mix the chili powder with the cumin, salt and pepper. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork chops.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the pork chops and cook over high heat until browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Add the garlic, lime zest, lime juice and cilantro to the skillet and roast the chops in the center of the oven for 10 minutes, or until rosy throughout.
- Transfer to plates and serve.