2 cups fresh vegetable stock or 2 cups
fresh chicken stock
garlic clove, peeled
gingerroot, freshly grated
1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (read *NOTE) or 1 1/2 teaspoons
( read *NOTE)
mint leaves, fresh, cut into slivers
- *NOTE: Thai curry paste available at Asian markets or make your own using recipes off this site.
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth, carrots, onion, garlic and ginger to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes; until carrots are tender.
- Stir in Thai curry paste and salt; simmer 1 minute to blend flavors. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add tofu to saucepan and puree in soup pot using an immersion hand blender (or in batches in a blender) until smooth.
- Serve mint leaves on side. Yields about 1 cup per serving.