1 1/2 lbs
bacon, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
onion, thinly sliced
grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts; cook until tender (about 5 minutes). Drain and rinse in cold water until cool. Cut sprouts in half and set aside.
- In same pot, cook bacon until browned; 4 minutes. Drain on paper towel. Remove excess fat from pot.
- In same pot, add onion and cook until softened; 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350. Stir reserved sprouts and bacon to the onion in the pot. Stir to mix and transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine heavy cream, salt, thyme, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over sprout mixture.
- Mix bread crumbs with parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the sprouts. Dot with butter.
- Bake until lightly browned; about 30 minutes.